Are you in recovery? Congratulations if you are!
Receiving continued care through outpatient (individual) therapy is an important component of successful aftercare planning. If you’ve recently completed treatment and want to continue therapy at the outpatient level of care, you’ve come to the right spot!
Outpatient addiction therapy is not just for those who are fresh out of treatment though. Life can throw a curveball when you’re least expecting it, which can bring up some of those memories and feelings you’d rather not have; therapy can help you through that regardless of how much time in sobriety you have.
Contemplating sobriety? Congrats!
When preparing to get clean it’s important to consider where you are in your addiction to make sure you receive the right type help.
Phoenix Therapeutic Solutions provides outpatient care, which means you’d meet with Dr. Andrea once or twice/week for about an hour each time. So, if you are someone who still uses occasionally but wants to stop altogether, and could benefit from a few extra tools and support to help you, outpatient therapy might be the right fit for you!
However, if you are using more regularly and can identify with any of the below symptoms or behaviors, then a higher level of care may be a more appropriate fit (see Addiction & Recovery for more information):
- Feeling the need to use the drug regularly, which can be daily or multiple times a day
- Having intense urges for the drug
- Needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to get the drug, such as stealing
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Failed attempts to quit using the drug