Does your anxiety act up whenever you think about having to do a specific task? Has the anxiety you once felt about something specific expanded out into other aspects of your life? Does it seem like everything makes you anxious, but the more you try to make it stop the worse it gets? If you’re exhausted from constantly battling to feel normal again, you’re not alone!
Anxiety, regardless of what form it takes, is one of the most uncomfortable (and sometimes frightening) feelings to experience. Although it’s common to feel defeated when you can’t seem to make it stop, it does not have to be something you’re stuck with forever. Not only can therapy provide you with healthy coping skills & tools to help reduce your anxiety, it also helps get to the core of what’s causing it in the first place.
Not sure if what you’ve been feeling is anxiety? Here’s some examples of how anxiety might show up in your life:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past
How much is anxiety effecting your life? Want to find out? click here!