Does it seem like you are having a difficult time controlling/ignoring the stresses of life like you used to be able to do?
Are you hesitant to talk to others about your problems, but know that dealing with it the way you’ve been up till now isn’t working for you anymore?
Could you use a non-judgemental ear just to listen?
Would you prefer to start speaking about your problems one on one with a therapist rather than in a group setting?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then individual therapy could be the solution you’ve been seeking. Individual therapy differs from group or alternative therapy methods in the way that you are the sole focus of a single therapist who helps you develop and achieve your goals for therapy.
If you’ve been feeling like you just can’t seem to shake the funk lately, or are struggling with a problem that seems like it’s never going to end, individual therapy might be the answer for you. Individual therapy can help you gain clarity and insight to the problem, provide you with healthy coping & communication skills, and can bring awareness to strengths you might not have realized you had!
Do any of these sound like you…
- You keep worrying about the same problem over and over
- You don’t know who you could ever trust with knowing about your secret struggle
- You wish there was somebody who could tell you why you feel this way
- You’re interested in therapy, but you don’t want to give up total control
- Other areas of your life are being negatively impacted by your struggle
- You need somebody to listen to you and your feelings for once
- You’re interested in therapy, but not sure how it could fit into your life
…Then individual therapy could be right for you.
Individual therapy is so helpful for so many people because it’s the best way to get truly customized therapy. If you want more privacy to speak about your problem(s), more say in how fast or slow you and the therapist discuss certain topics, or the length of your sessions, you owe it to yourself to look into individual therapy.
If you’re looking for help improving your everyday life – or for a more tailored therapy experience – you would be a great fit for our individual therapy services. Please reach out to me today for an assessment for brief consultation or to schedule your first appointment.